For the purposes of General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) (EU) 2016/679, our company – SPYRIDOULA MANOLITSI with registered seat in EPISKOPOS LEFKADA, and tax registration number 044264746 – , that operates the THOMAIS BOUTIQUE HOTEL is the Data Controller.
Data collected and processed
- Personal information about you (e.g. your name, email address, residence) that you provide us, so as to communicate with you and send you newsletter, offers, announcements and other advertising materials by means of direct messages (form of newsletter subscription).
- Personal information about you (e.g. your name, email address, telephone number, residence) that you provide us, so as to communicate with you and reply to your individual message or request (contact form).
- Personal information about you (e.g. your name, email address, telephone number, residence) that you provide us, so as to participate in an event or contest held by us.
- Personal information about you (e.g. your name, email address, telephone number CV, text, job position) that you provide us, so as to apply for a job.
- Personal information about you, requested when you use the booking engine (e.g. your name, email address, residence, telephone number, means of payment, dates of booking, special requests, etc).
Special Categories of Personal Data
We do not collect data as described in article 9 of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) (EU) 2016/679.
Use of Services by Minors
Individuals under the age of sixteen (16) cannot provide us personal data or consent to the processing of personal data. Therefore, only their legal guardian can provide consent on their behalf to the processing of personal data.
Purpose of processing personal data
Depending on the user’s requests, the personal data collected will be processed in accordance with the following purposes:
- To send you our newsletter, offers, announcements and other direct advertising and informative material concerning the activities and services of our hotel.
- To reply to your request or message.
- To allow your participation in a contest or event held by us.
- To examine your job application.
Generally, the criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide services to you.
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, legal obligation to keep accounting records of transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them).
- Whether retention is advisable considering our legal position. (such as, for statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
- Withdrawal of consent.
Legitimate interest for processing your data
We will only process your personal data, if at least one of the following conditions applies:
- You have given your consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes e.g. for marketing purposes and subscribing to receive newsletters
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract e.g. to make a reservation and provide the products and services you request
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation e.g. sharing your personal data with regulatory authorities
- Processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another natural person e.g. in an emergency, an incident, illness or accident
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data, e.g. when it is necessary to protect our property or establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
The data processing required in fulfillment of the aforementioned purposes that require the user’s consent cannot be undertaken without said consent. Likewise, in the event that the user withdraws their consent to any of the processing, this will not affect the legality of the processing carried out previously. To revoke such consent, the user may contact us through the appropriate channels, by sending us a letter to the following address: email@example.com. As far as the newsletter subscription is concerned, you may revoke your consent by clicking on the unsubscribe link or following the opt-out instructions included in the messages sent to you by us.